Wednesday 10 July 2013

VIDEO:16 Month Old Baby Swimming All By Herself


A sixteen-month old baby is taking the internet by storm after a video of her effortlessly swimming across a pool was uploaded by her father.Elizabeth, shown in the video above, was trained to swim by an experienced lifeguard and a registered nurse.

The post by Adam Christensen under the Youtube video reads: "Just so everyone knows, I am a registered nurse and my wife was a life guard for six years and taught swimming for three. not only are we both professionally trained in CPR and water safety I am certified in advanced pediatric life support. the child in the video (Elizabeth) has been trained properly by ISR certified instructors.
"At no point do we force our child to do anything she is unwilling to try. We are able to recognize infant/toddler fatigue in the swimming pool. Elizabeth is a very determined little girl and sometimes she wants to roll over and breath as she was taught and sometimes she wants to hold her breath the whole way. I was 100% prepared to jump in at first sign of distress."
"My astonishment is not in the fact that she could swim across the pool because I always knew she could do it. My astonishment came from the fact that she didn't turn around and come back to me. This was her first time she didn't come back to me :)
"Please! do not just throw your child in the water and expect them to swim. That is both dangerous and a quick way to traumatize your child and scare them from ever swimming. ISR uses specialized techniques in training infants and toddlers."
Christensen explained that saftely is his priority when his daughter swims.
He told CNN: "When I first watched her in there, every time she went face down I was like 'oh my goodness, she can't breathe.' I was just worried to death, but the instructor assured us that she was just fine.. We didn't teach her ourselves. We wanted a professional, somebody that was certified to do that, but we still are able to recognize warning signs, when they're fatigued."
Elizabeth, who is now 26 months old, swims up to three times a day and can reportedly dive under water to pick up her toys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment