Monday 18 February 2013

Nigeria's first lady: "I was declared clinically dead for 7 days,God Woke Me Up"


  
For the first time since the controversy over health status and eventual hospitalisation twice, First Lady, Patience Jonathan Sunday admitted that it was due to divine intervention that she is still alive today.
Mrs Jonathan disclosed this during a paraise and thanksgiging ceremony she hosted at the State House Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Narrating her battle with death the first lady said she 'died' but was miraculously resurrected after undergoing series of operations within a week.

Abuja - The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, said on Sunday in Abuja that she was declared clinically dead for one week in 2012 but was revived by the mercies of God.
The President's wife said this at a thanksgiving service to thank God for saving her from the clutches of death.

``I remember when Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was the President of the country, I was close to his late wife, Stella. We worshipped together in this chapel. It was a painful moment for me that time when she died and her corpse was brought here.

``That was how my corpse would have been brought here. It was not an easy experience for me. I actually died; I passed out for more than a week. My intestines and tummy were opened.’’

Jonathan said that all doctors on her case had lost hope but for one Nigerian doctor living in the UK, who cared and helped in providing treatment for her.

`` I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost.

``It was a Nigerian living in the UK here with us in this service, Mr Solomon Livingstone, that was flown in when the situation became critical.

``It was God himself, in His infinite mercy, that said I will return to Nigeria. God woke me up after seven days,’’ she said.

The President’s wife, who pleaded with Nigerians not to ``politicise everything’’, added that while the situation lasted, she was in unimaginable pains.

``People are always afraid of operation (surgery) but in my own case, while my travail lasted, I was begging for it (surgery) after the third operation because I was going to the theatre every day.

``I did eight or nine operations within one month. The day I came back, I said God I have nothing to say, I offer myself to you. I will be doing things that will touch the lives of the less privileged.

``God gave me a second chance to live, so I have to give back to the less privileged because the assignment he gave me is not completed, that was why I was sent back."

1 comment:

  1. Publicity stunt....all na wash!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete